Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A little about myself


I was introduced to the world of dance at the ripe old age of 2 1. It all started in one summer after watching the movie Swing Kids. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it. Anyway, I went out with a couple of friends to a local swing dance event. After spending one evening on the sidelines observing, I was hooked! I spent the rest of the summer in the throws of life as a "Swing Kid". By the end of the summer I found myself engaged to the love of my life, Andrea. We had a blast taking part in local contests and performing with groups like the Knoxville Swing Dance Association! (i must admit we were one of the crowd favorites!)

I continued to feed my ever-growing appetite for dance by exploring other styles like modern, jazz and tap for two more years with the University of Tennessee Dance Company. Then came the fateful day when I answered an ad in the paper to train as a ballroom dance instructor. It read, "Get Paid To Dance!" Need I say more?

Eight years later, my addiction has only grown exponentially. I have competed in the American Rhythm and American Smooth, placing as a finalist in both the Rising Star and Open Professional competitions throughout the US. I have run a dance studio for several years and am currently keeping myself very busy with my students, in whom I must say am very proud!! They consistantly bring home the highest honors in their respected divisions. Way to go ladies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment